Monday, November 3, 2008

Ok....Here Goes

Hi, I'm Angie and this is my blog. This blog is my way of expressing my thoughts and feelings and is in no way meant to enlighten you but rather to find the humorous things in life and ponder what it all means. Here's a little about me. I'm 33 years old and I live with my "life partner" Herb. We have a 10 (soon to be 11) year old son named Walker ( no we didn't name him after a Texas ranger or good ol "W' either.) and our 4 dogs- Misty, a black lab; Carly a yellow lab, and Benny and Gi Gi our chihuahuas . We live in a rural part of Southeastern Ohio where there is significant amount of unemployment and the community is mainly Appalachian and somewhat redneck.. Big city drugs have found their way into our small communities and it's not at all unheard of to hear about catalytic converter and copper thefts.

I was watching one of those Dr. Phil shows today about chid abductions and it got me thinking about my son and what I'm teaching him about strangers and drug dealers. So, I called him for a talk and to inquire about his thoughts on the subjects I had been watching on the TV. I posed the question "what do you think a drug dealer looks like?" Walker kinda looked at me like I was losing my mind and said "well, they're freaky looking and walk around stumbling all the time." I was kinda shocked because I never really thought much about it but I guess on TV they are portrayed as being "strung out" but in reality I know they're not usually and that dealers look just like everyone else. So, I sat down and had a talk with Walker about this and I think I got through to him. We'll have to wait and see what the next 8 or 9 years brings....

2 comments:

Danielle said...

I'm so glad you started a blog! I love reading about other people's lives :-)

I also think I found that blog about the family with that really nice porch ...

Tiffany said...

We have copper thefts here too! In fact, my brother is one of those guys you warn your kid about. A couple years ago he was on a construction site trying to steal copper to buy drugs and he dropped it on his foot and broke it. Luckily for him, he was arrested so he was able to get a cast in jail. HAHAHA!!!